Dear SunCoast Members and Friends:
Our first annual Homecoming Weekend was a big success! We had great attendance at our Friday night Revival, our BBQ, concert and Sunday Service. Even more important, the Holy Spirit was there, in abundance!
We need Basses and Altos, but everyone is welcome! IT IS NOT TOO LATE to make a seasonal commitment to enhance our choir during the holiday season. Join us Wednesday nights at 7:30, participate in our joint Christmas performances with Church of the Trinity MCC, and for our Christmas Eve service of Carols and Candles! If you are a “closeted” singer, or just love the joy of singing choral music, join us!
- All Saints’ Sunday November 5 – provide a photo of a loved-one by Wednesday, Nov. 1 to share in the remembrance of our saints.
- New Member class November 5, after church, sign up in the lobby or call the office (941-484-7068).
- Pet Memorial Service November 11, 6:00 PM.
- Honoring our Veterans in the 10 am service on November 12.
- SunCoast MCC will participate in the Community Thanksgiving Service at Venice UCC, November 22, 7:00 PM.
COME CELEBRATE ADVENT WITH US:
- Daytime Advent study of Barbara Brown Taylor’s book Learning to Walk in the Dark, Tuesdays, December 5, 12, and 19 at 10 AM here at the church.
- Our Sundays at 10:00 AM will focus on the theme of “Holy Darkness,“as we engage the mystery of preparing for the birth of Jesus as the days get shorter and darker, even here in Florida!
- Wednesday, December 6: 5-7 PM All Church Christmas Potluck, bring a gift to share (under $10), caroling and fellowship.
- Sunday, December 10, 4:00 PM WELCOME BACK EIRINN ABU, the saxophonist who dazzled us last Easter, sharing his Christmas and holiday repertoire
- December 13 (in Sarasota) and December 16 (In Venice), 7:00 PM, “All the World has Joy” JOINT CHOIR CONCERTS, with our choir and Church of the Trinity MCC.
- CHRISTMAS EVE, December 24, 6 PM: “Carols and Candles at Christmas”: Invite your family and friends to this warm holiday tradition of celebrating Jesus’ birth.
NEW YEAR’S EVE DECEMBER 31st:
We will have church Sunday morning as usual, and “Putting on the Ritz,” an evening of hors’doerves, a toast, and a time of dancing and joy 7:00 to 10:30 PM. Our special guest will be Oliver Dill, who will sing and DJ the evening. Tickets are $15.00 for singles and $25.00 for couples.
We hope that our menu of holiday offerings will inspire you, and we pray that you will find peace, comfort, joy and the love of God and neighbors this season.
As your pastors, we are looking forward to celebrating our first holiday season with you. If we have not seen you in a while, please come and check us out to see the changes at SunCoast MCC and the things that continue to make us a unique place to worship and find community.
Grace and Peace,
Rev. Nancy and Rev. Vickie