Dear Members and Friends of SunCoast Cathedral MCC:
What a glorious weekend we just celebrated, as we ordained Rev. Gene Hutter to the ministry of MCC. We had a full house on Saturday, February 3, with many guests. Then on Sunday, we honored Jack and Theresa Hutter, beloved members of our church who are moving to Delaware this week. We send them with love to Rehoboth Beach MCC.
We also acknowledged and blessed our new Board of Directors, Liz Bisordi, Vice- Moderator; Tim Mitchell, Clerk; Ann Perry, Treasurer; Raquel Castro, Dan Mullins and Joe Shields. We are grateful for those who are continuing and those who have recently stepped up to fill some vacancies.
This year, Valentine’s Day is also Ash Wednesday. We will celebrate Valentine’s Day early with a dance, on February 9th, here at the church, with a wonderful DJ — this is a church that loves to dance!
Soup, Bread and Stories During Lent
- On February 14, Wednesday evening, we will have an Ash Wednesday Service, at 6 PM, beginning our Lenten season.
- That evening at 5:00 PM, and for the 5 Wednesdays following, through the 21st of March, we will start with a supper of soup and bread (sometimes salad!), provided by various ministry teams in our church.
- At 6 PM Wednesday on nights our Lenten program will be “Stories of Promise.” We will be learning about Biblical characters that appear during this holy season, and sharing in small groups for 5 weeks. There is no special preparation or reading required, just bring your appetite for dinner, and your desire to learn and share.
Sundays in Lent we will be preaching a special series on “Signs of Promise.”
- February 18, Rev. Nancy will be preaching on “Signs of Hope,” as we begin our Lenten journey.
- February 25 is our Anniversary Sunday, and Tony Viglione, a favorite here at SunCoast MCC, will be preaching on “Signs of Change.” Join us in warmly welcoming Tony to our pulpit.
We are being blessed by some musical guests in this season: The talented Jami G will share her music with us on February 24th, at 6 PM, after a potluck dinner. . .
We will also be welcoming gifted jazz pianist Mike Markaverich on March 10th at 7 PM: DON’T MISS THIS! Mike has a lot of fans in the Venice/Sarasota area, and we want to extend to them a warm SunCoast MCC welcome.
Comedienne Fay Jacobs will be tickling our funny bones on on March 24th
As we journey towards Easter,
we are praying for God to bless our church, our denomination, and our world. Join us for a deepening of our spiritual lives and our commitment to living our faith. Pray for all this season who are in need and who need God’s unconditional love and grace.
If you haven’t worshiped with us in a while, consider joining us this Sunday!
Grace and Peace,
Rev. Vickie Miller Rev. Dr. Nancy Wilson
PS. After Easter, we will have a fabulous, Spirit-filled Ray Boltz leading us in Sunday Worship, April 15th! Save the date, and invite your friends for a “Bring a Friend Sunday” that day!