We have been very busy through the summer months here at SunCoast Cathedral MCC!
- We are cruising next May 2018! Members and friend of SunCoast MCC and neighboring MCC’s will be sailing the Caribbean to Cozumel and Mahogany Bay, Roatan, May 12 to 17, 2018. This is a Mother’s Day cruise, so bring your Mom!
Join us for the following events in August, September and October:
- “NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST! THE MAKING OF MOSES AND GOD’s PEOPLE” — This is a 6-week preaching series, shared by both of us – let us learn together what the story of Moses, as a reluctant prophet and leader, has to say to us today! The series begins August 27 and concludes October 1st.
- THE BOOK OF GOD by Walter Wagerin: This is an opportunity to read through the Bible in novel form. The first monthly class, led by Rev. Vickie is August 30th, Wednesday night at 6 PM! Join us! Books (digital and hardcopies) are available on line and range in price from $8 to $15.
- “What Does the Bible Say About Justice?” Join us for this event Wednesday, September 6th, at 6 PM, led by Rev. Nancy. Bring your Bible and open hearts and minds!
- September 22nd, Friday, at 7:00 PM we welcome back “Simply Faith,” a Baptist trio from Arcadia who love MCC, and bring a message of God’s grace and love, along with some great performances. . . They told us we were the warmest church they have visited and are happy to return!
- “What in the World is Happening in MCC?” Begins Wednesday evening, September 27, 6 PM goes for three weeks, led by Rev. Nancy — find out what MCCers are up to around the globe!
- HOMECOMING 2018! OCTOBER 6 THROUGH 8 — We will have a Friday night Revival with Rev. Candy Holmes, a Saturday afternoon church BBQ with musical guests, and a Sunday morning service featuring Rev. Tania Guzman. We are pulling out the stops, inviting friends, neighbors and former SCCMCC members — prepare for a weekend of celebration and joy!
- The Board has invested a lot this year in repairs, renovation and upkeep of our church facilities. Our next project is the lobby and hallways, and we are asking for sponsors for our Homecoming Weekend to help defray expenses for the weekend and help us spruce up and catch up! HOW YOU CAN HELP: Make a donation -we currently have half of the projected budget. We need 10 more donations of $100 to meet our goal-of course exceeding it would be great too! ($100 too much, get a group together and bundle your donation!)
- We are excited that Carla Petersen has now joined us as our Office Manager on a permanent basis. We have also invited Nikki LaChambre to step up to the position of Music Minister. She has let go of her other church obligation, and will be with us every week now throughout the year and will be planning our church music programs – stay tuned for great things!
Last but not least, this has been a painful and difficult time for our nation, as we confront the events in Charlottesville, VA., and its impact on all of us.
As MCC, we are firm in our belief that God is Supreme, and there is no place for white supremacy or racism in our churches, our communities, our streets, our public policies or our hearts. Here at SunCoast Cathedral MCC, we will be praying and working on more ways we can be visible in our witness for justice and inclusion.
Grace and Peace,
Rev. Vickie Miller Rev. Dr. Nancy Wilson